Posts Tagged ‘pie’
Easy Pumpkin Pie is a delicous recipe that is perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter or anytime of the year. It takes only (10) minutes to prepare and (40) minutes to bake. This delicious pie will taste rich but it really isn’t since this is a healthier version. Ingredients include: Canned pumpkin, egg substitute, fat-free half and half, heavy cream, sugar substitute and it is well spiced. This is also a low calories, low fat, low cholesterol, low sodium, low sugars, low carbohydrates, heart-healthy, diabetic-friendly and Weight Watchers (5 PointsPlus), (6 SmartPoints) recipe. Easy Pumpkin Pie will be loved by all of your family, friends and guests.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes.
Cooking Time: 40 Minutes.
Total Time: 50 Minutes.
1 (9″) Pre-Baked pie crust
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
3/4 cup granulated no-calorie sweetener
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, (adjust as desired)
1-1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, (adjust as desired)
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup fat-free half & half
1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
3 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
Sugar-free, Fat-Free Whipped Topping, optional
Easy Strawberry Pie is a delicious recipe that works well for spring and summer seasons. It uses fresh strawberries and packaged strawberry gelatin in a graham cracker crumb crust with whipped topping. takes 20 minutes to prepare and 2 hours to chill for a delicatable and delicious dessert that all will enjoy. A great holiday pie recipe that you’ll want as a keeper as well. This is also a healthy, low calories, low fat, low sodium, low carbohydrates, low sugars, Weight Watchers (4 PointsPlus), (6 SmartPoints), diabetic-friendly and Heart-healthy recipe. Makes: (8) servings. Easy Strawberry Pie will be loved by all of your family, friends and guests.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes.
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes.
Refrigeration Time: 2 Hours.
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup granular no-calorie sweetener, divided
3 Tbsp. margarine, melted
1/4 cup cornstarch
1-1/2 cups water
1 (0.3 oz) box sugar-free strawberry gelatin
4 cups fresh strawberries, quartered
1/2 cup thawed sugar-free whipped topping
Read the rest of this entry »
Heart-Healthy Raspberry Pie is a delicious recipe for a low calories, low fat, low cholesterol, low sodium, low carbohydrates, Weight Watchers friendly recipe. This is made with a cooked meringue and a red raspberry puree, poured into a chocolate cookie crumb crust. Requires a minimum of 6 hours in the freezer before serving. Makes 8 servings. Heart-Healthy Raspberry Pie will be loved by all of your family, friends and guests.
Prep Time: 1 Hour.
Cooking Time: About 15 Minutes.
Refrigeration Time: 6 Hours.
Non-stick cooking spray
32 Chocolate wafers*, (about 6-1/2 oz), plus 1 for garnish
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp canola oil
2 tbsp skim milk
1 tbsp butter
3 cups red raspberries, fresh or frozen (thawed)
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large egg whites, at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
NOTE*: Look for chocolate wafer cookies without any partially hydrogenated oils. Our two favorites were both from Newman’s Own Organics: Tops & Bottoms and Chocolate Alphabet Cookies. Chocolate Snaps from Mi-Del will also work, but the chocolate flavor isn’t as rich.
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Coat a 9″ pie pan with cooking spray.
3. To Prepare Crust: Process the wafers, powdered sugar, oil, milk and butter in a food processor until finely ground. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pan, creating an even, dense crust. Bake for 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack to room temperature, about 1 hour, pressing any puffed parts of the crust back into the pan.
4. To Prepare Filling: Puree the raspberries, lemon juice and salt in a blender or food processor until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a medium bowl, pressing with a rubber spatula to extract the juice; discard seeds.
5. Bring 1″ of water to a slow simmer in a large saucepan. Combine egg whites, granulated sugar and cream of tartar in a 3-quart stainless-steel bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until foamy. Set the bowl over the simmering water and continue to beat on medium speed, moving the mixer around, until the mixture is glossy and thick, about 3-1/2 minutes. Increase the speed to high, and continue beating over the simmering water until very stiff and glossy, about 3-1/2 minutes more (the eggs will be at a safe temperature, 160° F., at this point). Remove from heat (be careful of the escaping steam) and continue beating on medium speed until room temperature, 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Fold the raspberry puree into the meringue until combined. Pour the raspberry filling into the pie crust; crumble the remaining chocolate wafer over the top. Place the pie on a level surface in your freezer and freeze until solid, at least 6 hours. To serve, let the pie stand at room temperature until softened slightly, about 10 minutes, before slicing.
YIELD: 8 Servings.
Serving Size: 1 slice per serving.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus = 6
Carb Choices: 2-1/2
2-1/2 Other Carbohydrates + 1-1/2 Fat
Calories: 220, Total Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 4mg, Sodium: 165mg, Carbohydrates: 37g, Fiber: 4g, Protein: 3g, Potassium: 126mg
Original recipe and Image from: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/frozen_raspberry_pie.html
DISCLAIMER: Weight Watchers is a registered trademark of Weight Watchers International Inc. Points and PointsPlus are trademarks of Weight Watchers International Inc. Authentic information about the program is only available at your local Weight Watchers meeting. This site is not affiliated with Weight Watchers International in any way and Weight Watchers has not reviewed this site for accuracy or suitability for WW members. Information on this site is based on recollections and assumptions of its author and is not warranted for any purpose by its author. All readers are encouraged to go to a Weight Watcher’s meeting for actual WW info. This site is presented under the rights of the First Amendment; rights worth fighting for. All information is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. You should seek prompt medical care for any specific health issues and consult your physician before starting a new fitness regimen.
No-Bake Strawberry Pie is an easy and delicious cream pie recipe. The only cooking will be for the gelatin. Just assemble and refrigerate. This is also a healthy, low calories, low cholesterol, low fat, low sodium, low sugars, low carbohydrates, diabetic-friendly, heart-healthy and Weight Watchers (7 SmartPoints), (6 PointsPlus) recipe. If you are looking for something delicious, easy and healthy for your Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter holiday desserts, this is a great option. Ingredients include: A ready made graham cracker crust, sugar-free gelatin, sugar-free strawberry jam and sugar-free whipped topping. Makes: (8) Servings. No-Bake Strawberry Pie will be loved by all of your family, friends and guests.
2/3 cup boiling water
1 (.3 oz) box sugar-free strawberry flavor gelatin
1 cup ice cubes (5 medium size)
1 (12.75 oz) jar sugar-free seedless strawberry jam, divided
1 (8 oz) tub sugar-free frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1 (9-inch) reduced-fat graham cracker pie crust
Deep-Dish Turkey Pot Pie is the perfect way to use up your leftover turkey from Thanksgiving, Christmas or any othe holiday. Optionally us chicken in place of the turkey with no change in nutrition values. Turkey, cream of chicken soup, frozen mixed vegetables and cheddar cheese make up this delicious, hearty meal and baked in a made from scratch crust. Makes (6) generous servings. Deep-Dish Turkey Pot Pie will be loved by your family, friends and guests.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup cold butter, cut into chunks
4-6 tbsp cold water
1/4 cup milk
1 (10.5 oz) can condensed cream of chicken soup
2 cups (cubed 1-inch), cooked chicken or turkey
1 (4 oz) pkg shredded Cheddar cheese
1 (16 oz) pkg frozen vegetable combination (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots)
1-1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves or 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tsp water
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Combine flour and salt in a bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix in enough of the 4 to 6 tbsp cold water with a fork until flour is moistened. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a ball; flatten slightly. Wrap 1 ball in plastic food wrap; refrigerate.
3. Roll out remaining ball of dough on lightly floured surface into a 12-inch circle. Fold into quarters. Place dough into ungreased 9 1/2-inch (deep-dish) pie pan; unfold dough, pressing firmly against bottom and sides. Trim crust to 1/2 inch from edge of pan; set aside.
4. Combine milk and soup in a bowl; mix well. Add all remaining filling ingredients except egg and 1 teaspoon water. Spoon filling into prepared pie crust.
5. Roll out refrigerated ball of dough on a lightly floured surface into a 12-inch circle. Cut a 3-inch “X” in center of pastry; cut each pastry triangle in half again. Gently fold dough into quarters. Place dough over filling; unfold. Trim, seal and crimp or flute edge. Fold back the 8 points of pastry in center to form an open circle.
6. Combine egg and 1 teaspoon water in a bowl; lightly brush crust with egg mixture. Bake 60-70 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
YIELD: 6 Servings
Original recipe and image from: Land O’Lakes, Inc. http://www.landolakes.com/recipe/1184/deep-dish-chicken-pot-pie
Calories: 570, Fat: 33g, Cholesterol: 155mg, Sodium: 850mg, Carbohydrates: 41g, Fiber: 4g, Protein: 28g