Posts Tagged ‘almonds’
Cherry Scones is a delicious, and moist recipe for a true English scone made with either dried cherries or dried cranberries and almonds. A great addition to your breakfast and or brunch meal rotation. Great for overnight guests or large gatherings. Not at all dry like many scones. It is also a low calories, low fat, low sodium, low cholesterol, low carbohydrates, heart-healthy and Weight Watchers (8 SmartPoints), (5 PointsPlus) per serving recipe. Makes 16 servings. Cherry Scones will be loved by all of your family, friends and guests.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes.
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes.
Total Time: 1 Hour-5 Minutes.
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1 tbsp granulated sugar
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick butter, softened
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp almond extract
2/3 cup dried cherries or dried sweetened cranberries
Norse Apple-Almond Muffins is a delicious moist recipe that is flexible to it being used as a breakfast or brunch with coffee, as a dessert or a snack. Inspired by the Norwegian apple cake served with afternoon coffee. It is also a healthy, low calories, low sodium, low fat, low carbohydrates and WeightWatchers (5) PointsPlus recipe. Chopped apples and cinnamon filled muffins with a sugared almond topping for a super rich and moist treat. Makes 12 muffins. Norse Apple-Almond Muffins will be loved by all your family, friends and guests.
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup butter, softened
2 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
1 cup peeled, finely chopped apple
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Grease or line muffin pan cups with paper cupcake liners; set aside.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a bowl. Set aside.
4. Combine the 3/4 cup sugar and butter into the bowl that was set aside. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Stir in eggs and lemon zest. Continue beating, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Stir in flour mixture just until moistened. Gently stir in apples. Spoon into prepared muffin pan.
5. Sprinkle the 1/4 cup sugar and almonds evenly on top of each muffin. Bake 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand 5 minutes; remove from pans.
Yield: 12 muffins
Serving Size: 1 muffin per serving
WW PointsPlus+ = 5 per serving
Carb Choices: 2
Calories: 200, Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 50mg, Sodium: 210mg, Carbohydrates: 31g, Fiber: 1g, Protein: 3g
Original recipe and image from Land O’Lakes, Inc. http://www.landolakes.com/recipe/2953/norsk-apple-muffins
DISCLAIMER: Weight Watchers is a registered trademark of Weight Watchers International Inc. Points and PointsPlus are trademarks of Weight Watchers International Inc. Authentic information about the program is only available at your local Weight Watchers meeting. This site is not affiliated with Weight Watchers International in any way and Weight Watchers has not reviewed this site for accuracy or suitability for WW members. Information on this site is based on recollections and assumptions of its author and is not warranted for any purpose by its author. All readers are encouraged to go to a Weight Watcher’s meeting for actual WW info. This site is presented under the rights of the First Amendment; rights worth fighting for. All information is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. You should seek prompt medical care for any specific health issues and consult your physician before starting a new fitness regimen.
White Chocolate-Almond Fudge, is an easy recipe for a creamy delicious fudge. Requires only basic cooking skills and will be your go-to recipe for fudge once you’ve tasted this. White Chocolate-Almond Fudge will be loved by Your friends and family! Enjoy!
2 cups white chocolate chips
2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped slivered almonds, toasted*
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Line an 8 inch square baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan.
2. Melt white chips with the sweetened condensed milk in a medium size saucepan over very
low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth.
3. Remove from heat. Stir in almonds and vanilla. Spread into prepared pan. Cover; refrigerate 2 hours or until firm. Use foil to lift fudge out of pan; peel off foil. Cut fudge into squares.
*To toast almonds: Spread almonds on cookie sheet. Bake at 350° F. stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned; cool.
Note: For best results, do not double this recipe.
Yield: 1-1/2 lbs, (about 36 pieces)