Archive for the ‘Desserts’ Category
Valentine-Day Parfaits is an easy, quick (10) minute, no-cook recipe for a delicious dessert or treat. Fresh Strawberries, chocolate pudding, almonds and whipped topping are combined for a delicious dessert for you and your sweetheart on Valentine’s Day. or any day. It is also a healthy, low calories, low fat, low cholesterol, low sodium, low sugars, low carbohydrates, diabetic-friendly, heart-healthy and Weight Watchers (5) PointsPlus, (5 SmartPoints) recipe. Makes 2 servings. Valentine-Day Parfaits will be loved by you, all of your friends and guests.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes.
2 chocolate sugar-free pudding snack cups,
(such as Jello, Kraft or Hunts brand)
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh strawberries
1/4 cup slivered Almonds, toasted
2 tbsp frozen sugar-free whipped topping, thawed
Chocolate Decadence Cake-is a delicious recipe and a quite lengthy one but this is totally worth all the effort and time that goes into it.The result will be a super rich tasting, very chocolaty, smooth, mousse-like moist cake with an optional Candied Orange Peel garnish.(recipe included if desired). This will become the best chocolate cake you have ever had. It is named Decadence for a reason! It is a show stopper that everyone will rave over. It is much healthier also than the original recipe. Low in fat, low in calories, low in carbohydrates low in cholesterol, low in sodium, Heart-Healthy and a WeightWatchers (7) PointsPlus recipe. Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, Birthdays or any special event will be well suited for this cake. Makes 12 servings. Chocolate Decadence Cake will be loved by all of your family, friends and guests.
Prep Time: About 30 Minutes.
Cooking Time: 35 to 40 Minutes.
Refrigeration Time: (2 hours minimum to overnight).
Non-Stick cooking spray
(7 oz) 60-70% bittersweet chocolate,
finely chopped (about 1-1/3 cups)
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
2/3 cup + 1/4 cup granulated sugar,
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup skim or 2% milk
2 large egg yolks,
at room temperature*
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 large egg whites, at room temperature
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
TIP* To bring an egg to room temperature, submerge it (in the shell) in a bowl of
lukewarm (not hot) water for 5 minutes.
Candied Orange Peel Ingredients: (optional)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
Heart-Healthy Raspberry Pie is a delicious recipe for a low calories, low fat, low cholesterol, low sodium, low carbohydrates, Weight Watchers friendly recipe. This is made with a cooked meringue and a red raspberry puree, poured into a chocolate cookie crumb crust. Requires a minimum of 6 hours in the freezer before serving. Makes 8 servings. Heart-Healthy Raspberry Pie will be loved by all of your family, friends and guests.
Prep Time: 1 Hour.
Cooking Time: About 15 Minutes.
Refrigeration Time: 6 Hours.
Non-stick cooking spray
32 Chocolate wafers*, (about 6-1/2 oz), plus 1 for garnish
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp canola oil
2 tbsp skim milk
1 tbsp butter
3 cups red raspberries, fresh or frozen (thawed)
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large egg whites, at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
NOTE*: Look for chocolate wafer cookies without any partially hydrogenated oils. Our two favorites were both from Newman’s Own Organics: Tops & Bottoms and Chocolate Alphabet Cookies. Chocolate Snaps from Mi-Del will also work, but the chocolate flavor isn’t as rich.
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Coat a 9″ pie pan with cooking spray.
3. To Prepare Crust: Process the wafers, powdered sugar, oil, milk and butter in a food processor until finely ground. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pan, creating an even, dense crust. Bake for 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack to room temperature, about 1 hour, pressing any puffed parts of the crust back into the pan.
4. To Prepare Filling: Puree the raspberries, lemon juice and salt in a blender or food processor until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a medium bowl, pressing with a rubber spatula to extract the juice; discard seeds.
5. Bring 1″ of water to a slow simmer in a large saucepan. Combine egg whites, granulated sugar and cream of tartar in a 3-quart stainless-steel bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until foamy. Set the bowl over the simmering water and continue to beat on medium speed, moving the mixer around, until the mixture is glossy and thick, about 3-1/2 minutes. Increase the speed to high, and continue beating over the simmering water until very stiff and glossy, about 3-1/2 minutes more (the eggs will be at a safe temperature, 160° F., at this point). Remove from heat (be careful of the escaping steam) and continue beating on medium speed until room temperature, 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Fold the raspberry puree into the meringue until combined. Pour the raspberry filling into the pie crust; crumble the remaining chocolate wafer over the top. Place the pie on a level surface in your freezer and freeze until solid, at least 6 hours. To serve, let the pie stand at room temperature until softened slightly, about 10 minutes, before slicing.
YIELD: 8 Servings.
Serving Size: 1 slice per serving.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus = 6
Carb Choices: 2-1/2
2-1/2 Other Carbohydrates + 1-1/2 Fat
Calories: 220, Total Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 4mg, Sodium: 165mg, Carbohydrates: 37g, Fiber: 4g, Protein: 3g, Potassium: 126mg
Original recipe and Image from: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/frozen_raspberry_pie.html
DISCLAIMER: Weight Watchers is a registered trademark of Weight Watchers International Inc. Points and PointsPlus are trademarks of Weight Watchers International Inc. Authentic information about the program is only available at your local Weight Watchers meeting. This site is not affiliated with Weight Watchers International in any way and Weight Watchers has not reviewed this site for accuracy or suitability for WW members. Information on this site is based on recollections and assumptions of its author and is not warranted for any purpose by its author. All readers are encouraged to go to a Weight Watcher’s meeting for actual WW info. This site is presented under the rights of the First Amendment; rights worth fighting for. All information is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. You should seek prompt medical care for any specific health issues and consult your physician before starting a new fitness regimen.
Healthy Banana-Nut Bread is an easy and delicious recipe for a super moist banana bread that is sure to become the ONLY banana bread recipe in your recipe box. This is a low calories, low fat, low cholesterol, low sodium, low carbohydrates, heart-healthy, diabetic-friendly and Weight Watchers (4) PointsPlus recipe. Healthy, easy and a quick (15) minutes of prep time. Makes 16 Servings. Healthy Banana-Nut bread will be loved by all of your family, friends and guests.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes.
Cooking Time: 1 Hour.
Non-Stick cooking spray
1/2 cup Miracle Whip Salad Dressing
1-1/3 cups mashed fully ripe bananas (about 3)
1-1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
Walnut-Banana Bread is an easy recipe for a delicious and moist banana nut bread, which will cause you to throw out all the former recipes you have been using. A great option for the fall and winter holidays. It is also a low calories, low fat, low carbohydrates low cholesterol, low sodium. heart-healthy and Weight Watchers (6) PointsPlus recipe. Makes 16 servings. Walnut-Banana Bread will be loved by you, all of your family, friends and guests.
3/4 granulated sugar
2 large eggs
12 cup butter, softened
1 cup mashed bananas
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Extra butter for spreading, optional